Welcome to the Community Schools Trust
You can read a little more about us below, and via the links on this page.
CEO of Community Schools Trust; Headteacher of Forest Gate Community School
Chair of Community Schools Trust
Our ethos can be summarised as follows:
- We have the highest possible ambition for educational success in our area and aim to raise achievement for all.
- We expect all members of each school community to challenge each other to reach high standards and to never accept mediocrity.
- We are committed to improving the life chances of all students.
- We believe our schools should stand at the centre of their communities and work with closely with parents.
- We believe in providing a disciplined, safe and structured school environment with open and regular lines of communication between all stakeholders.
- We aim to nurture a strong culture of learning in our area and encourage the participation of local communities and stakeholders in shaping the education we offer.
- We offer a broad, balanced and stretching curriculum for all with a strong focus on the acquisition of skills for learning, literacy, numeracy, social and cultural development, employment and citizenship.
Our objectives can be summarised as follows:
- We want all pupils to make better progress than their peers nationally.
- We want all lessons to provide effective feedback to students so that they know how to improve, are fully engaged and are applying basic skills appropriately.
- We want strong leadership from governors, senior leaders, middle leaders, teachers and students alike.
- We want effective systems across all schools in the trust to be in place to support the good order and success of all schools.
- We want all schools in the trust to become autonomous, self-improving organisations that can drive continual improvement.
- We want all schools in the trust to be judged good or outstanding by Ofsted.